Sunday, December 23, 2007

Almost Christmas!

December 23, 2007


I’m actually writing in the morning here! I am slowly getting to the point where I wake up way too early for my tastes, but such is life. I am waiting for the bus to go to Mass in the town, so I figured I’d catch up on this now so that I didn’t have to do it later.





I made it to San Sal, got lost for a little while trying to get to the PC office, but eventually did. It was a good learning experience. The package ended up being from Ansley Quiros, HA. Ansley you crack me up. But there was some good stuff to give kids in the holidays. Thanks.


After I got some pics developed for the community at their mall, and got some ice cream. The only real movie out over here is The Golden Compass, but I didn’t have time to check it out. That’s an interesting situation, read some about it in an article here with Daniel Craig. Apparently the institution he works for is the Magisterium in the movie. Why doesn’t that surprise me?




Anyways, they still don’t have cleats to fit me here for any decent price, guess that will wait til I visit the states.


Proof that they smile when they don't know I'm taking a photo.



Sergio with some of the fams. They don't know how to smile for pics for some reason


Yesterday, I got to go distribute clothes with another scholarship kid, it was a learning experience as well. I mean we are poor here, but there in Santiago Nonualco, wow, much worse. It was fun though, those families are always super nice and it’s a good chance to go practice some Spanish. The house we were visiting with the three fams.

Sergio's dad already wearing at least two of the shirts.


Christmas is almost here! Mary and Joseph have finished making their rounds around La Comunidad and there is a late Mass tomorrow and then one on Christmas morning…I’ll prob be in touch with people after that Mass at 9….should be over by 1015 or so.



Also, I've had a little time to catch up on Dante the past day or two, I'm almost done with Purgatorio, if you've read Inferno, Purgatorio is definitely a must...they are like brother books.



“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.”

No comments: