Saturday, November 10, 2007

Testing it out




So I am going to start a blog on here that people can check without me sending out mass emails. Whether this is good or bad, I'm not sure, but this is the way its going to be for a while haha. My new final cell number here in El Salvador is 75142432....the country code is 503. If your phone has international calling enabled, you can dial 011 503 7514 2432, if not you'll have to follow the instructions on whatever calling card you pick up. I have officially switched companies to TIGO, so now I will be saving my minutes when I can. All incoming calls are free though.

For those of you that don't know, I have received my official site for the next two years, and it will be in the Department of La Paz, the municipality of San Pedro Nonualco, and in the town of La Comunidad. I will live in La Comunidad, replacing the previous volunteer.

I dont think that I am going to post all the previous entries that I had been sending out in mass emails, but I will put a link up to it and keep it here for people to download. I'll continue to add to it, the same thing that is posted here, so that people can download it and keep it as a .doc file on their computer if they want to read it later (that has been requested haha).
This pic is from a little hike we did in the town where I live. Think I can enter that contest? haha no.

Hasta luego

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. I'll try and give you a call tonight to verify the number. --C

Anonymous said...

Sweet facial hair. Go Greek.

Anonymous said...

Rhett, I tried to call you, but the line was busy. I'm guessing you don't have call waiting, huh? I'll try you back later.

Anonymous said...

Wow, nice balance. Pretty soon you will be able to kick like the Karate Kid. Glad to hear that you will finally be able to settle in down there. Can you catch Megan a snake and mail it up here? I am sure she would really appreciate a pet like that :-)

mother said...

Hey buddy, loved hearing your voice again! Your new place sounds great; of course, you most probably need a mother's touch in decorating. By the way, are there any squirrels there? Maybe you you can tame a baby one for a pet...Love and miss you bunches. Yasou

Anonymous said...

Rhett, you're mom has been keeping us informed of your whereabouts. Sounds like you got a great assignment! You are in our prayers!! Blessings, Bella & Jim

Anonymous said...

Rhett, Christopher has kept me updated about your life in El Salvador - have enjoyed reading all your emails. Be safe and I will continue to pray for you.
Jan Gilliland

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhett,
I just found your blog today after a search following an aside by your mom about the blog you were keeping.
So here I am starting at the beginning lest I miss anything.
My younger son returned this week to the US from his deployment to Afghanistan. He'll be home after his out-processing for a few days before and then returns in May for good.
I'm proud of your service too. No one can call you an ugly American. hahaha BTW, Kyle was like a Peace Corps volunteer while deployed getting to know local vendors and teaching them English. He was surprised at how hard it was to tell them good bye. Your tour will be twice as long and you'll miss your friends too.
Take care!
Your 7th grade journalism teacher