Tuesday, September 2, 2008

New Things on the Sidebar of the Blog

So before my next post, I wanted to update you guys on some new additions to the things on the right side of my blog.

First of all, there is a DONATE tab that I put up that PayPal has. Its pretty nifty and it lets people who want to donate quick and easy do so with credit card, banks, or whatever means you want. This money will be used to help out families in need, or bring down the costs of some of the projects that we have here that some families just plain cant afford. To give one example, I have continued to pursue the stove project that the previous volunteer started, but on the level of the entire municipality. There are many, many families, especially in my canton, that dont have them because of the amount of bricks and stuff it takes too build it (we are talking 20 dollars, basically). The stoves however are done by a NGO called Agua and Arboles Para El Pueblo and they provide the more expensive parts of the stove. It has a chimney that protects the ladies from all the smoke from the woodburning normal openfires, and also reduces the amount of firewood needed by 50%, helping their pockets, and helping the environment.

Its a really good example of a project that people can donate to in small amounts and in the big picture it will reduce the cost of each individual family. Anyways, thats why I put the doodad up there, or people can continue to donate to the scholarships, medical clinic, or church reconstruction, and do it through this and just put a note in there to tell me where to put the donation.

EARN THOSE SKYMILES!!! haha.

Also, I have added a few fun ones like, "Things I miss in the US"....and the opposite "Things I will miss from El Salvador"...."Places I want to visit".... and "Current Projects...for those who care"

Enjoy.

"Girls love the worms"
PC Volunteer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is totally unrelated to anything, but the new Metallica album is absolutely killer. You can listen to six of the songs here. One of their best albums ever I think.

Anonymous said...

reeeeaaallllyyyyy... i'll have to check it out